Australian Prospective Marriage Visa Documents

Australian EmbassyIf you are getting married to an Australian and applied for an Australian Fiancee Visa then the following documents need to be completed for the visa. Check with an attorney for more information as this website is only a guide to the Australian visa process.

If you are applying for this visa in person or my mail then the following documents are needed:

  • Form 47 SP Application for migration to Australia by a partner

You need to complete this form if you wish to apply for a:

Note that all the forms on this page would bee to be completed. Ensure that they are completed correctly and seek legal advice on how best to complete and submit these forms without errors which will get the application declined to delayed.

  • Form 40 SP Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia

If the fiancé(e) or partner you are sponsoring is applying outside Australia, your fiancé(e) or partner will be applying to migrate. This form needs to completed for this. Note that the following documents need to be completed in duplicate.

  • Form 888 Statutory declaration by a supporting witness in relation to a Partner

This form needs to be completed and there needs to be TWO of these forms. The purpose of the form is that it has to be completed by two Australian citizens or permanent residents who have personal knowledge of your partner relationship. They need to know the applicant and their partner and the history of their relationship. This is to help ensure that the relationship is valid.

  • Form 47a Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over

This form is to be completed if your fiancee has dependents even if they do not migrate with her. This would become important later. As an example she might have a mother who is dependent on her and she might apply for a visa later such as an Aged Dependent Relative Visa or a Remaining Relative Visa which has also become very common.

If there is a child under the age of 18 then an additional form needs to be completed such as the Form 1229 with is a consent form for taking the child out of the country. This is mainly where you fiancee is divorced, widowed or had a child out of wedlock.

  • Form 1229 Consent to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years

There also needs to be a character assessment form which needs to be completed for persons over the age of 16. This form below the Form 80 also needs to be completed. Seek legal advice at this stage.

  • Form 80 – Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment 

These are the forms which need to be completed. Also note that if you are getting assistance in completing this forms then the person needs to add Form 956 to be completed by the person.


error: Content is protected !!