The following are the documents needed by Australian Migration to show who your fiancee or sponsor in Australia is. Normally you will be to be an Australian Citizen or qualified New Zealand citizen to be a sponsor for an Australia visa.
The following is normally needed as you need to show that your sponsor is allowed to sponsor someone to Australia.
Proof of Australian Nationality
You need to provide evidence that your sponsor (fiancee) is a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen. The evidence can include a certified copy of any of the following documents:
- His/her birth certificate;
- His/her Australian passport or foreign passport containing evidence of permanent residence;
- His/her Australian citizenship certificate;
- His/her New Zealand citizenship evidence and length of residence in Australia.
Australian Sponsor History
If applicable: a statement from your sponsor would also be needed such as the following:
- Has he/she previously sponsored a Spouse, Partner, Prospective Marriage visa;
- What is he/her’s relationship with them;
- When or why the relationship(s) ceased;
- The dates of lodgement of any sponsorship or nominations (including any current sponsorship);
- The amount and frequency of child support payments if any.
Australian Sponsor Police Check
If you are including a child younger than 18 years of age in your application:
- an AFP National Police Check for your sponsor, if the sponsor has spent a cumulative total of 12 months or more in Australia since turning 16 years of age
- police certificates from each country in which the sponsor has spent a cumulative total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years since turning 16 years of age.