Australian Working Holiday Visa

Australian EmbassyThe Australian Working Holiday Visa is explained here. Australia has become very attractive for students for a number of reasons. The Australian Working Holiday Visa is a visa which is aimed at young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. You need to be older than 18 and not yet over the age of 31. The requirements for the visa are easy enough for a young person and has been listed as follows.

Australian Working Holiday Visa

You can apply online if you meet the requirements which are simply enough:

  • You are at least 18 but not yet 31 years of age;
  • You do not have a dependent child accompanying you at any time during your stay;
  • You have a passport from an eligible country.

Note that you first Working Holiday Visa you need to be outside of Australia. If this is your second Holiday Visa application then you can apply from inside of Australia. Most people once in Australia on the first visa apply for the second visa while still in Australia. There is a difference between this and the Temporary Work Visa Australia. This save you time and money and allows you to stay in Australia for another year. There is however a catch to the visa as listed below:

  • You can stay in Australia for up to 12 months;
  • You can work in Australia, generally for up to six months with each employer;
  • You can study for up to four months;
  • You can leave and re-enter Australia many times while the visa is valid;
  • You have enough money to support yourself on a working holiday (about AUD 5000);

Working Holiday Visa Requirements

Note that there are also health requirements for the visa which you can check online for the health certificate from your home country. There is also a limitation on where you can work – which industry as many of these industries tend to be the bottom end industries. See also the Australian Guardian Visa, Approved industries for specified work include:

  • plant and animal cultivation
  • fishing and pearling
  • tree farming and felling
  • mining
  • construction.

You need to be a national of one of the following countries in order to apply:

  • Belgium
  • Canada
  • Republic of Cyprus
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders)
  • Republic of Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Republic of Korea
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Sweden
  • Taiwan
  • United Kingdom.

If you have any questions then contact any Australian Embassy for more advice or guidance or speak to an immigration lawyer about your plans. You can also apply for a visa online here.

error: Content is protected !!