Working in Australia without a work permit is illegal and will get you arrested and deported. If you wish to work in Australia then you can apply for a temporary work visa which is a skills visa. This allows you to work in Australia for an Australian registered business for a maximum period of 4 years. This is why it is called a temporary work visa.
What does this Australian visa allow:
The temporary work visa allows you to do the following in Australia. Note you need to seek legal advice if you are planning on taking employment under this visa from an immigration attorney. The following is allowed under the visa:
- You are allowed to work in Australia for up to 4 years;
- You can bring your family to work or study in Australia;
- You can travel in and out of Australia as often as you want.
Note that you are not allowed to work on a visitors visa in Australia and you are also no allowed to work in any other profession other than the one your applied for in the carer visa. Again, take legal advice on these topics as they do become very complicated. Note that you employer in Australia has to lodge the application and start the process.
Note that this is a sponsored visa. Before you can apply for the visa, your employer must:
- become an approved sponsor
- nominate you for a position.
Note also that the following would be the requirements for you for this visa:
- You must be nominated to work in an approved occupation on the Skilled Occupation Lists;
- You must meet the skill requirements for the nominated occupation;
- You must meet registration and licensing obligations;
- You must speak vocational English;
- You have been nominated by an approved Australian business.
If you have any questions about the visa process then speak to the staff at any Australian Embassy or contact a reputable attorney for advice and guidance.